November 17, 2011

This is going to be the good life!





I did it! I made it! Finally!  I am officially a Peace Corps Volunteer!! WooHoo!  I have no idea what I will be doing or exactly what my new home is like, but isn't that all part of the charm of Peace Corps?  


So far during Community Based Training I was hit in the face with a boob, laughed at by my host mom for for attempting to do anything domestic because lets be real I had no idea what I was doing (at least I am amusing), saw a sheep get slaughtered, felt bad, and then ate it because meat is AMAZING, was rewarded for being a sassy pain in the a** by being elected as the representative to the Volunteer Advisory Committee, and went to the dentist!  Yes, went to the dentist AND got a filling (which was not as scary as I thought)!  Don't worry, my filling is white, my mother would kill me if it was any other way!  Maybe me insisting to the Peace Corps that I need to go to a place that can give me a white is one of the reasons I am considered a pain in the a**?  But I am from New Jersey so really it could be anything...


I am not sure what my internet connectivity will be like, but once I get something consistent I will post more about me being a pain in the a** or just funny stories about me not knowing what the f**** I am doing, which is actually ALL the time...story of my life.


p.s. if there is anyone who is reading this because they want to learn more about  what it will be like serving in the Peace Corps, don't believe a word I am saying.  The most important thing I have learned so far is don't believe a word any Peace Corps Trainee or Volunteer says, because they are full of s**t, including me.  Ok not full of s**t, but speaking from what cross culturalists call your "lens".  As cheezy as this is, the Peace Corps experience is really your own, how you will deal with a new culture is really all your own, and how you will deal with uncertainty is really all your own, and how you will deal with crazies is really all your own.  God speed and be prepared to have your MIND BLOWN!  





No comments: